07 May 2004

Three down, one to go


My Honours students Gloria and Marco both successfully defended their projects today in back to back presentations. Makes for a long day. It's just 4 in the afternoon, but it feels like it should be 6 or 7 in the evening.

Perhaps part of that fatigue is because today was the last official day of the semester. Marks were due to be handed in this morning, although I met my self-imposed deadline of getting them in at least one day early. I am now cast adrift, with no courses to teach for 3.75 months... to do grant writing and manuscript writing and supervising students on lab projects. Going to two more forums for candidates for a new university president. And let's not forget that there are three job positions that I'm actively trying to fill, in my role as Chair of the Search Committee.

The grapevine has it that there is good news for the University to be announced soon. I don't get to tell you what it is for a few days. But it's cool, and will be very helpful to a lot of people here.

No comments: