13 June 2007

Unnerving surge in lab numbers

In the last week, I've gone from having one Master's student and one undergrad in the lab to no Master's student and three undergrads.

I haven't lost my Master's student – that would smack of carelessness – but Sandra is out of state attending a neuroethology course at Friday Harbor. She arrived without incident, and all is well so far.

I also had to recruit a student to take up an undergraduate research position I was given, who came in yesterday and will officially start next week. Then, at random, out of the blue, I had an Honor's student who walked into my office interested in a research project. And they're all taking up DNA / molecular projects, where I really have very little experience. Which is starting to feel unnerving.

No comments: