26 February 2009

What are you good at, and what do you suck at?

Hot on the heels of my Intellectual Styles post comes, "What are you good at?" seen at Sciencewomen and Uncertain Principles.

You are in a room with a bunch of other female faculty/post-docs/grad students from your university. You know a few of them, but most of them are unfamiliar to you. The convener of the meeting asks each of you to introduce yourself by answering the following question: "What is one aspect of your professional life that you are good at?"

While I think it's important to recognize what you're good at, I think the flipside is also important, so I'll throw this out for comments:

What are you good at, and what do you suck at?

Professionally, I think I'm pretty good at presentations, writing, and graphics. I suck at routine organization and cleaning.

No comments: